Friday, July 01, 2005

Second day at bloggin!!!

This is me!!!

I am a child
Looking at the sky
Wishing for the stars
I’ve built a fortress
From the big bad world
Sometimes I realize
I am a prisoner of my own fortress
I hate living life by default
I hate to be just another face in the crowd
I respect Intellect and Integrity
And Honesty and Sincerity
I lack definiteness of purpose
Which makes my life an exercise
Sometimes I feel like
A dog chasing its tail
Going in circles
Reaching nowhere
Imtiaz Darker says it for me,
“When I began
It was a simpler world
Things perhaps
Got out of hand”
I love the toothless smile of babies
And the crisscrosses on the faces of oldies
Most of the times, I am a mirror
Reflecting the humour of people around me
Most of the times I am foolhardy
As I hate to exercise my grey cells
Onto making carefully evaluated decisions
I am impulsive and act on gut feelings.
I am scared when people call me their friend
I don’t want to feel obligated
I try not to expect anything from anybody
I know one cannot be totally independent
And that interdependence is the norm of existence
But somehow, sometimes,
I hate to give...I hate to take…
I try to be the person I am expected to be
And in the process
End up forgetting what “I” want to be
I hate to acknowledge poverty and crime
I wouldn’t want to hurt anybody
And I like to believe everyone is like me
I am stubborn. I am headstrong.
I don’t think friendships are made
I believe friendships happen
I don’t believe one should work towards a relationship.
If a relationship was worth it,
Things would fall in place.
The mere act of putting an effort spoils a relationship.
I like walking in the rain.
I like the shivering tendril.
I like watching people from a distance
I admire people who try to stretch
Their limits of endurance
I am not afraid of falling…
So I jump every time I get an opportunity to
I am a poor conversationalist
I tell myself, ”The frequencies just don’t match”
I let you in on a secret.
Its very easy to make me laugh and smile…
Just laugh and smile
I get lost in the world of books, of thoughts
Un spoilt like the virgin beaches
I believe people who cannot afford it
Should not have children
I love animals and plants
I believe they have distinct personalities
I try to advocate environment friendliness
I love to kick my shoes in the air
Or tap my fingers
To music classical and contemporary
I love those moments of
Torrential laughter with friends
I love my solitude
My space

I live in my head, Mosta the times
My head is in the clouds and
My feet, above the ground.
I believe most of my blocks
Are between my ears

I was telling my friend,
“I am not a techie thing,
I am not a management thing,
I am not an intelligent thing
I am not a logics thing”

He said,” You are a CONFUSED THING”

No comments: